Portfolio Manager - GBAM Tech PMO
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Corporation
- 21 Oct 18
Portfolio Manager - GBAM Tech PMO
Global Banking & Markets (GBAM) Technology provides end-to-end technology solutions and support for Global Banking and Global Markets businesses including; Equities, Electronic Trading, Fixed Income, Rates, Currencies, Credit, Commodities, Structured Products, and Wholesale Banking and Research.
The Portfolio Management team manages GBAM Technology's overall horizontal integrated portfolio of change and regulatory initiatives and optimizes investments in cross-organizational capabilities, including identification and support of cross-organizational risks, issues, and macro-dependencies.
As a senior member of the of the Portfolio Management team the candidate will be:
- Providing the GBAM Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Senior Leadership team with transparency and an independent 'point of view' on the health of the portfolio of regulatory & business initiatives.
- Responsible for overseeing a series of complex programs within a department or business unit.
- Shaping the investment strategy of GBAM Tech and be the central Portfolio Management team's primary point of contact on key Regulatory Programs.
- Assessing and advising on improving process and methodologies of current project management implications throughout project timeline; including development of strategies, readiness assessment, development of training and communications.
- Driving select horizontal projects aimed at building out the Quartz platform. Global Markets Technology's strategic cross-asset, front-to-back platform for pricing, analytics, trade capture, lifecycle management, position management, risk/P&L calculations and downstream activities.
- Assisting in facilitating senior governance forums in GBAM Technology.
- Managing various critical deliverables across GBAM Tech and other stakeholders such as Front Office, Finance, Risk and Risk Technology.
- Leading segments of the Program/Project Management best practices framework and rollout across GBAM Tech.
- Working with development teams & stakeholders to build best in class Project Management processes and systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Strong written and verbal communicator, comfortable engaging with individuals across the spectrum from developers to Executives
- Able to motivate project managers to build cooperative work teams. Able to identify, develop, and direct team members' strengths, technological resources and organizational processes to build teams.
- Experience with large scale Program/Project Management
- Working knowledge of Markets and/or Banking and current regulatory environment
- Dynamic, capable of juggling several critical priorities at once
- Advanced in the use of project management software/ concepts. Comprehensive knowledge of business unit's functions.
- Strong communication skills to work with senior management to deliver requirements.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, quality management, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with others, initiate action and adapt to change.
- Proven ability to make tough decisions and accept challenging assignments.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: