Portfolio Manager - Emerging Markets Debt
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totaling around 7,200 billion kroner (875 billion dollars). Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 500 people of more than 35 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and experienced professional for the position of Portfolio Manager Emerging Markets Debt (EMD) Allocation within our Markets Allocation investment department (part of Allocation Strategies area). Markets Allocation is responsible for managing the fund’s emerging market equity and fixed income investments, selection of external managers and investment research related to global macroeconomic and strategy topics.
The position is located in New York, and will report to the Head of EMD Allocation. Travel will be required.
• Implementing and monitoring positions within personal as well as broader EMD mandate
• Contributing to investment discussions in Emerging Markets Debt Allocation group
• Researching, evaluating and implementing strategies based on new relevant information, in collaboration with colleagues
• Help developing quantitative tools to enhance understanding of price formation in the market
• Assist at ad-hoc research projects
• Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
• Strong quantitative skills
• Minimum 5 years’ experience from local emerging markets FX/FI
• Dynamic and enthusiastic team player with ambition to excel and achieve
• High level of integrity
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with working proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Knut Langholm, Head of EMD Allocation (+1 917 542 8500). Please note we can only accept applications via the career portal on www.nbim.no .
Deadline for application is 12th of November
CV’s screening will commence w/c 13th of November
NO AGENCIES PLEASE