Portfolio Management Sector Analyst - VP
Vice President, Portfolio Manager New York
As a Barclays Vice President, Portfolio Manager on the CIB Lending team, you will have the opportunity to manage loan exposures in your respective sector. You will act as a key decision-maker and problem-solver as you vote on capital commitments and amendments, and as you provide loan and equity sale recommendations. You will assist client-facing colleagues with structuring and negotiating complex transactions and use your judgment when not all desired terms can be achieved.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Performing bottoms up fundamental credit analysis
- Assisting in primary diligence and in structuring/ negotiating terms for new capital commitments
- Assessing and scrutinizing projected fee opportunity from new and existing client relationships
- Evaluating and voting on new capital commitments, amendment requests, and restructuring proposals
- Monitoring credits on an ongoing basis for changes in borrowings, credit quality, and fees received
- Managing loan sale recommendations
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience with corporate credit analysis or similar expertise
- Ability to function with a high degree of autonomy and skilled in managing multiple work streams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with various internal stakeholders
Where will you be working?
- Established decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center, and state-of-the-art LED signage on the façade of the building.