Alcentra, founded in 2002, is a leading, global assetmanagement firm specializing in sub-investment grade credit with assets undermanagement of approximately $40 billion. Alcentra employs over 165 people,including more than 70 investment professionals. The firm manages traditionaland alternative investment strategies including; US and European senior loans,high yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, direct lending and mezzaninecapital, structured credit, and multi-strategy credit. Our investors includeleading global pension funds, insurance companies, government institutions,sovereign wealth funds, banks, and high net worth individuals. Alcentra is majority-ownedby BNY Mellon Corporation and is headquartered in London, with offices in NewYork, and Boston and local presence in Singapore and Hong Kong. BNY Mellon Investment Management:
At BNY Mellon Investment Management, we believe the rightresults begin with being relevant to every client, whether it is engaging withthem to create solutions, offering diversified strategies or providing insightsfor better-informed decisions.
That is why we designed a model built around investors'needs to offer the best of both worlds: world-class investment firms withbest-of-breed talent and unique cultures combined with the global scale andstrength of BNY Mellon Investment Management. We connect investors withopportunities across every major asset class, globally. Today, we have eightinvestment firms, one of which is Alcentra. We believe this is howinvesting should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on ourpromise.
As a member of Alcentra, the Trading Desk Assistant/Analystwill work on the trading desk and assists the investment and trading teams withday-to-day operations and various projects. Essential Duties
Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Trade entry/allocations across all products
- Monitor and manage cash/liquidity positions
- Monitor portfolio transitions (large flows, in kind transfers, new accounts)
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute position reports, liquidity reports, etc.
- Work with credit analysts in setting up securities across HY & Loan platform
- Provide accurate and timely responses to the multiple daily ad-hoc queries/requests from diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Troubleshoot internal issues with Operations and Risk & Control as it relates to portfolio monitoring
- Review ways to enhance current reports and toolsthrough increased automation
Professional Skills Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in finance or finance-related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant industry experience (experience in credit / fixed income strategies a plus)
- Solid understanding of economics, economic data, and financial markets
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Excel and Bloomberg
- Organizational skills and multitasking
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Alcentra Group-HR13364 Requisition Number: