Portfolio Analytics Group, Associate
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The PAG Clients team leverages BlackRock’s proprietary system to deliver analytics and custom solutions to our clients and client businesses, while also enhancing the capabilities of the platform. With a broad understanding of financial analytics and our platform, the team is engaged in a range of responsibilities including implementing new clients, conducting analyses for prospecting, designing and delivering analytical content through the Aladdin platform, broadening the use of analytics in our client businesses, and supporting firm-wide and regulatory reporting requirements. To keep up with business growth and the constantly evolving financial landscape, the team is also challenged to improve the scale of our delivery process and evolve our platform, often partnering with technology and product teams. The interdisciplinary nature of the role serves as an excellent, well-rounded generalist foundation for future growth within BlackRock.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with our Client Businesses to broaden the use of analytics and enhance client experience leveraging Aladdin’s comprehensive analytics
- Implement new Aladdin clients, increasing client engagement and use of the platform
- Facilitate Aladdin business development and prospecting with a deep understanding of portfolios, market data and derived analytics from our proprietary risk models.
- Create contents to support BLK firm-wide and regulatory reporting requirements
- Deliver rapid response tactical solutions with programming and other creative processes as needed while partnering with software developers to enhance Aladdin
- Improve operational efficiencies within Analytics and Client Support to enable aggressive business growth. Often involved in engineering processes and developing tools to streamline analytics processes and support.
- Strong academic background in a variety of analytical and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Math, Physics, or Statistics
- 2-4 years of experience in the field of financial analytics or financial technology
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage cross-departmental projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates creativity in solving unconventional problems
- Knowledge of SQL and Unix
- Programming experience in Java, Perl, or Python is a plus, but not required
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.