A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is currently looking to hire a Portfolio Analyst, Private Equity who will be responsible for the performance analysis, reporting and asset administration needs of a global Private Equity team. 2 - 5 years of experience in financial analysis / reporting within the alternative asset management industry is required. Big 4 audit, transaction advisory and private equity accounting / valuation experience would be considered.
Portfolio Analyst, Private Equity
As part of a Private Equity team that invests across funds, co-investments and secondaries, the Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for supporting the performance analysis, reporting and asset administration needs of Private Equity investments. The role entails working closely with other members of the Private Equity team as well as other groups including legal, risk and accounting.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to the portfolio analytics and information services team
- Develop and produce reports to aid in portfolio management and performance analysis
- Review quarterly/annual reports and valuations provided by external managers
- Cash management and responsibility for all transactional operations/cash flows of the investment vehicles
- Monitor the accuracy of investment management fees, performance fees and other expenses
- Provide support for special projects including fiduciary and client matters
- Maintain and improve Private Equity databases and processes within the team
- Comply with requests from auditors, risk management and other committees
- Work with internal Operations and Control groups to insure accurate investment accounting and management
- Assist in monthly reconciliations of portfolio positions
- Assist in process management and automation through utilization of new and existing software systems and technologies
- BA/BS degree required; Finance and/or Accounting majors preferred
- 2 - 5 years of experience in financial analysis / reporting within the alternative asset management industry is required. Big 4 audit, transaction advisory and private equity accounting/valuation experience would be considered.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, VBA; ability to build bottoms-up financial models
- Strong working knowledge of industry software and tools (e.g. FrontInvest/eFront, Geneva, iLevel, Burgiss, etc.)
- Highly motivated individual with strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team player with great written and verbal communication skills