Portfolio Analyst -Markets Allocation, Allocation Strategies
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totaling around 7,200 billion kroner (875 billion dollars). Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 500 people of more than 30 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results oriented professional for the position of Portfolio Analyst within our Markets Allocation department (part of Allocation Strategies area). Markets Allocation is responsible for managing the fund’s emerging market equity and fixed income investments, selection of external managers and investment research related to global macroeconomic and strategy topics.
Your role will be to conduct analysis of positioning, risk and performance of the fund’s emerging market investments across both equity and fixed income. You will also participate in a variety of research projects tied to emerging markets allocation, and partake in the management of the investment strategy allocations within the asset class.
The position is located in New York, and will report to the Global Head of Markets Allocation. Some travel will be required.
• Working directly with Global Head of Markets Allocation researching, analysising and monitoring positioning and risk exposures in the fund’s equity and fixed income emerging market investments
• Participating in the management of capital and risk budget allocation between different investment strategies within the emerging markets space
• Building interactive tools and reports related to portfolio construction, portfolio risk analysis and performance attribution, including responsibility for regular group reporting
• Developing and maintaining quantitative tools and investment-related databases
• Contributing to research into macroeconomic and fundamental drivers of performance of emerging market equity, FX and fixed income assets
• Implementing group allocation and portfolio changes including overseeing execution by other internal departments
• Contributing to a hardworking, high-performing department with a focus on results
Main Qualifications: The successful applicant will have the following background / skills
• Master’s degree in finance, statistics, engineering, economics or related field with strong academic records
• Minimum 4-8 + years’ experience in a consulting or investment management organization.
• Understanding of statistical analysis and econometric modeling
• Proactive and self-driven work style and a good team player
• Ambition to excel
• High level of integrity
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. NBIM has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Paul Marcussen (firstname.lastname@example.org), Global Head of Markets Allocation. Please note we can only accept applications via the online application via the career portal on www.nbim.no .
Deadline for application is close of business 12th November 2017
Cv’s will be reviewed w/c 13th of November 2017
NO AGENCIES PLEASE