Financial Services Recruitment
Robert Half Financial Services are hiring for a Portfolio Administrator role within a global asset management firm located in midtown Manhattan New York. Our client requires 2 to 4+ years Portfolio Operations experience within an asset manager or wealth manager, with knowledge of Fixed Income, Bonds or Derivatives. The role would cover Portfolio Reconciliation, Trade Settlement/Support, Data Management, Collateral and some compliance tasks. The role is initially fully remote but will eventually require 3 days per week in the Manhattan office in the future.
The Portfolio Administrator is responsible for the Trade Settlement and Reconciliation functions which include: Acting as a liaison between the firm, custodian banks, and the broker/dealer community to ensure timely trade settlement, dispute resolution, and ultimate settlement of all trade activity; daily and monthly reconciliation of transactions and holdings, respectively, between SCD and the custodian banks; all tasks related to Cash Management Support and Collateral Management Support. This individual is also responsible for providing reconciled portfolio cash balances to Portfolio Management each morning and acting as a liaison between the clients and their service providers (e.g. custody banks, clearing brokers, collateral managers) with respect to reporting, trade settlement, and long box management. Lastly, this individual will represent Operations on cross-departmental or firm-wide projects that impact client portfolios and related data and provide back-up coverage for all Securities Administration functions.
As a Portfolio Administrator you'll:
- Confirm the details of all trade activity with counterparties via OMGEO (OASYS or Central Trade Manager), telephone, or email and provide trade instructions to counterparties and custody banks via OMGEO ALERT platform, email, or facsimile.
- Act as a liaison between the firm, custody banks, and the Broker/Dealer community to ensure timely dispute resolution and coordinate with Portfolio Management on the revision of trade details in SCD and generation of revised trade tickets for manual trade instructions to banks, as needed.
- Monitor/track failed trades and coordinate with Portfolio Management and the Broker/Dealer community to resolve accordingly. Maintain log of all failed trades, as well as their current status, and distribute internally by close-of-business each day. Validate and/or initiate all claims related to failed trades (i.e. TMPG, account overdrafts), as needed.
- Coordinate with IT on all maintenance/updates needed for the generation/distribution of data feeds to SSCNet in support of post-trade STP workflows.
- Reconcile daily cash balances and transactions, as well as monthly holdings, between SCD and the custodian banks. Identify, research, and resolve all exceptions using various tools, including eSTaARS, Bloomberg, monthly remittance reports, and custodian bank websites.
- Provide daily portfolio cash balances to Portfolio Management each morning by reconciling prior day settled and same-day projected transactions reported by the custodian banks. Process all client cash flows in SCD accordingly.
- Act as liaison between clients and their Collateral Manager to facilitate daily margin/collateral reporting and long box funding, as well as provide clients with a daily summary of margin requirements.
- Represent Operations in all cross-departmental and firm-wide projects that impact client portfolios and related data.
- Provide back-up coverage for all Securities Administration functions.
- 2 to 4+ years Portfolio Operations experience within an asset manager or wealth manager
- Knowledge of fixed income, bonds and derivative securities
- Knowledge of investment management systems (preferably SCD or similar systems like PAM, PORTIA, CAMRA, Advent, Invest One, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Some project experience
This Portfolio Administrator role is initially fully remote but will eventually require office time in midtown Manhattan New York, so please only apply if you are able to travel to this location, have relevant experience for the role and are eligible to work in the United States. The salary is dependent on experience, and the range is $70-80k base plus bonus. If your profile matches the above criteria, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org