Policy Coordination and Control Remediation, CSAM Asset Management Business # 099331
As one of the world's leading banks, Credit Suisse provides its clients with investment banking, private banking and asset management services worldwide. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has a long tradition of meeting the complex financial needs of a wide range of clients, offering advisory services, comprehensive solutions and innovative products to companies, institutional clients and high-net-worth private clients globally, as well as retail clients in Switzerland. Credit Suisse is active in over 50 countries and employs approximately 40,000 people. Further information can be found at www.credit-suisse.com .
Cultural diversity is essential to our success. As such, we employ people from more than 100 countries. Credit Suisse empowers employees to work openly and respectfully with each other and with clients, ultimately striving to deliver superior results while offering initiatives and programs to assist employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
AM First Line of Defense (FLDS) is a specialist team operating within the central executive COO function. FLDS is a First Line of Defense (FLOD) team sitting within the Front Office. The team is closely aligned with the businesses, providing central oversight for all Front Office (FO) Operational Risk and Control Framework activities, including design, implementation, on-going monitoring/reporting, and testing/validation of FO Supervision and key FO Controls. This is a rapidly evolving area of our business, in a changing environment, which will be both challenging and demanding.
This position is to coordinate and supervise the Junior Policy Coordination Officer (PCO) and the control remediation activities for the Asset Management business.
A successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of activities, including:
- Review of all policies and procedures applied to AM and identify potential control gaps
- Liaise with policy authors to clarify interpretations and agree scope of policy
- Draft standard operating / desk procedures and supervisory controls
- Maintain and report MI on progress of open audit/regulatory/compliance/RCSA points and other agreed mitigating actions, e.g. from MyIncidents and Two Level Down meetings
- Map controls and standard operating procedures to policies to ensure control design is in compliance with policies
- Perform desk reviews to test operating effectiveness of controls and adherence to existing policies
- Assess adequacy of supervisory control documentation to evidence compliance with policies
- Perform "read across" and "lessons learned" reviews from audit/regulatory and 2nd line of defense findings
- Perform quality assurance on previously remediated audit and regulatory findings to ensure consistency of remediation
- Coordinate review and submission of AM owned policies with other AM PCOs
- Coordinate with central Policy Desk
- Manage distribution, feedback, and validation processes for new policies and polices undergoing the revision procedure
- Communicate with other FLDS staff/ Compliance/ Operational Risk/ business COOs to monitor implementation of policy changes
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Background in asset management, compliance, legal, audit, or risk processes
- Attention to detail
- Project management and document management experience
- Analytical and confident personality with excellent relationship skills in order to interact with multiple parties in negotiations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work load on a daily basis, adapting to changing workloads
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skill
- Strong Microsoft skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience in policy oversight
- Previous people management experience