Financial Services Recruitment
Robert Half Financial Services are hiring for Physical Power Commodities Operations roles within a global top tier investment bank located in downtown Manhattan New York. Our client requires 3 to 6 years (Associate level) or 7+ years (VP level) Operations, Settlements experience within an investment bank or commodity trading firm, and knowledge of Power/Electricity, Renewable Energy, Carbon or Structured Gas. There would be a key focus on the risk and control around the trade capture, documentation, and settlement of structured physical power transactions. The role is full time in the downtown Manhattan office.
- Settlements: Daily monitoring of payments and receipts, invoicing and the daily reconciliation of account balances for US physical power transactions. Responsible for the creation and review of excel models that facilitate business support and reconciliations of structured transactions.
- Documentation: Daily responsibilities relating to onboarding of new structured US physical power business, desk support, trade checkouts, and contracts. Providing support to traders, sales and marketers around existing transactions and new business
- Daily interaction with Traders, Sales, Technology, Legal, Strategists and other Operational departments
- Preparation and review of escalation and control reports
- 3 to 6 years (Associate level) or 7+ years (VP level) Physical Commodities Operations experience within an investment bank or commodity trading firm.
- Knowledge of Power/Electricity, Renewable Energy, Carbon or Structured Gas.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, specifically pivot tables, look up functions, and general data analysis.
- VBA coding and Excel/Outlook macro experience is advantageous.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance related subject desirable.
The Physical Power Commodities Operations roles are full time in the downtown Manhattan New York office, so please only apply if you are able to travel to this location, have relevant experience for the role and are eligible to work in the United States. The salary is dependent on experience, $100-130k base plus bonus for Associate level (3-6 years), and $140-180k base plus bonus for VP level (7+ years). If your profile matches the above criteria, please apply or email me directly Trishan.Khareghat@roberthalf.com