Physical Data Security Specialist
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Infrastructure Risk group is looking for a professional to support its Physical Data Security Program. This program seeks to prevent loss, damage, theft, or compromise of assets and to ensure physical assets with sensitive data are stored, shipped, and disposed of securely. The individual hired for this role will partner with stakeholders to standardize, digitize, and implement processes and controls for all data-bearing assets and paper assets in Morgan Stanley Wealth Management locations.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated bias toward action, organization, and a track record of moving large projects forward. The candidate will also have strong analytical skills and a creative and flexible approach to creating digital solutions.
- Track and manage all physical security attributes for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management locations
- Work with technology partners, vendors, and other operations teams to deliver and enforce requirements for all physical assets storing sensitive information
- Work with Wealth Management offices to prepare and analyze an inventory of physical documents and data
- Work with all functional disciplines impacted by projects to ensure end-to-end planning is comprehensive and results met are aligned to the stated goals of the project
- Provide mechanisms to capture and monitor remediation efforts and program implementation risks
- Enable appropriate escalation of any item that may impact timely delivery or cause a change to the agreed upon scope of a project
- Manage processes to maintain inventory of requests, requirements, and approvals by various lines of business
- 5+ years of relevant financial services experience, preferably in a client-facing role
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in a relevant field
- Understanding of Equities, Fixed Income, Mutual Funds, and all other products offered in financial services
- Understanding of Wealth Management retention requirements
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to depict and distill large quantities of data and information for executive decision-makers
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple work streams
- Expertise in all MS Office tools, including Power Point, Excel, Project, and Visio
- Prior experience with asset inventory management, corporate security, or in a Wealth Management service role