Pershing X is a new start-up unit to incubate, engineer and deliver breakthrough solutions that will transform the advisory market.
Pershing X will deliver the industry's leading end-to-end advisory platform, helping financial service firms solve the challenge of managing multiple and disconnected technology tools and data sets for their advisors and fueling our clients' business growth.
We are a collaborative and fast-growing team working on exciting and innovative digital product offerings. POD Description:
The Architecture POD is responsible for designing and architecting solutions that are interoperable with an open architecture that will deliver a better integrated advisor experience that is technically complex and provides highly valued connectivity.
Ensures the optimal use of existing technology standards, capabilities, and the development of new ones to increase business revenue and lower costs while reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and enabling more effective service delivery. Principal, Domain Architect Description:
Responsible for the delivery of high-quality architectural solutions, while ensuring compliance with company policies. Strategizes and contributes to enterprise level technological initiatives on architectures, patterns, and standards.
In addition to the individual contributor primary responsibilities shown below, may also have managerial responsivities, such as: recruits, directs, motivates, and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth, and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Communicates timely and accurate architecture-related information to relevant parties.
Defines and implements architecture and design in accordance with architecture principles. Adheres to established architecture methodologies and standards and ensures compliance with company policy. Identifies organization-wide initiatives and makes recommendations for the use of technology.
Oversees architecture activities of the organization to assure the strategic goals of the organization are met.
Works toward architecture and design solutions. Performs enterprise planning and designing solutions for emerging business and complex technology environments.
Identifies and recommends ways to drive more value out of the company's technology assets. Designs stable and flexible high-performance solutions, maximizing reuse and avoiding redundancy.
Works with other stakeholders in optimizing architecture solutions.
Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives modified based upon local regulations/requirements. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of total experience in technology
- Required Skills Include: Core Java, J2EE, Tomcat, Spring Boot, REST services, JSON, Web services, XML etc.
- Oracle, DB2, MongoDB, MS SQL, Graph Database - Neo4J is preferred
- Startup experience within a product development strongly preferred (FinTech Product buildouts is ideal).
- Experience with Cloud-native architecture, MicroServices Architecture, Containerization, Cloud and SaaS platforms, MS Azure is preferred
- Ability to quickly learn and POC on new frameworks, environments, and technologies
- Experience with designing Scalable High Resiliency Systems, Business Process Management, Camuda BPM is preferred, complex system integration projects
- Experience in Architecture methodology and design principles, TOGAF is preferred
- Experience in Architecture governance with analyzing and reviewing applications for standard conformances
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Apache Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Hive
- Agile Development experience required, SDLC Tools, Gitlab, Maven, DevOps, CI/CD - Jenkins
- Strong analytical skills, excellent problem solver and self-starter.
- experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients, and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.