Performance Test Engineer II
Grade: 9 Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 - $129,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits.
For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
From https://wd5.myworkday.com/spgi/d/inst/1$17/5303$47242.htmld?refresh=true&ref=%2Fspgi%2Finst%2F1%2417%2F5303%2447242%2Ehtmld#TABINDEX=2&SUBTABINDEX=0 >
• Work with multiple product teams to design, create, execute, and analyze performance tests; and recommend performance turning.
• Understanding of and experience with various types of performance testing (Load, Stress, Soak etc.)
• Support remediating bottlenecks of application front-end and database layers.
• Drive industry best practices in methodologies and standards of performance engineering, quality and CI/CD process.
• Understand user behaviors and analytics models and experience in using Kibana and Google analytics
• Ensure optimally performing production applications by establishing application and transaction SLAs for performance, implementing proactive application monitoring, alarming and reporting, and ensuring adherence to and measurement against defined SLA.
• Analyzes, designs and develops performance specifications and scripts based on workflows.
• Ability to interpret Network/system diagram, results of performance tests and identify improvements.
• Leverage tools and frameworks to develop performance scripts with quality code to simplify testing scenarios
• Deliver projects in the performance testing space and ensure delivery efficiency
• Understand business scenarios in depth to define workload modelling for different scenarios
• Competency to manage testing for highly integrated system with multiple dependencies and moving parts.
• Active co-operation/collaboration with the teams at various geographic locations
• Provide prompt response and support in resolving critical issues (along with the development team)
• May require after hours/weekend work for production implementations
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's/PG degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
• 4-6 years of experience in software testing or development with good understanding of performance testing concepts
• Experience in performance testing tools like Microfocus LoadRunner/Performance Center/Storm Runner, JMeter.
• Protocol : Web(HTTP/HTML) , Ajax Truclient, Citrix, .Net
• Programming Language : Java, C#, .Net, Python
• Working Experience in CI/CD for performance testing.
• Debugging tools: Dev Tools, Network Sniffer and Fiddler etc.
• Experience in monitoring, profiling and tuning tools e.g. CA Wily Introscope, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Datadog, Splunk etc.
• Experience in gathering Non-Functional Requirements (NFR) & strategy to achieve NFR and developing test plans
• Experience in testing and optimizing high volume web and batch-based transactional enterprise applications.
• Experience testing with containers, cloud, virtualization, and configuration management.
• Experience in message brokers (e.g. Kafka)
• Experience in Databases / SQLs (e.g. SQl Server, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Postgres, MongoDB)
• Experience in APM toolsets (DynaTrace, AppDynamics, Datadog, Splunk)
• Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and business users
• Strong communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise and detailed documentation
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
• Experience in refactoring test performance suites as necessary
• Experience working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
From https://careers.spglobal.com/ShowJob/Id/2618177/Business-Analyst/ >
IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261106 Posted On:
Virtual, New York, United States