- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17
Location: New York, NY, USAThe AVP - Performance Engineering will be part of the Moody's Business Service Reliability team and will have the following responsibilities
- Conduct performance testing utilizing HP Performance Center and/or JMeter for internal applications built on a wide range of technologies, including Java, .Net, HTML5, EXTJS, Flex, Linux, Sybase,DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, IIS, XML and Windows Server 2K8 and higher.
- Analyze performance and non-functional requirements to develop performance test strategies, test plans, and implement performance management solutions for various Moody's IT systems.
- Develop and enhance automated performance test scripts; execute tests; conduct analysis, and clearly communicate test results.
- Develop, enhance and maintain documentation, test plans and test cases.
- Work with Moody's Development and Infrastructure Teams to troubleshoot and resolve end to end application and system performance issues including, but not limited to, J2EE/.NET, Database and Infrastructure components.
- Based on excellent knowledge of APM tools, such as AppDynamics or Dynatrace:
- Work with the APM Team to create standards, policies and procedures around the use of APM tools.
- Assist with APM instrumentation of production and non-production applications and systems.
- Create, test and document APM tools custom instrumentations.
- Create and maintain run books that document application and system instrumentation steps.
- Upgrade Controller and agent versions as required.
Moodys Information Technology
Candidates are expected to demonstrate experience in each of the above responsibilities and focus areas, with the following specific qualifications: Required A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering (any field), or a related technology field. Advanced knowledge and at least 5 yrs. exp. in the following areas: Working knowledge of Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as web services, EJB, Spring, servlets, RMI, REST, JMS, MQ-Series. Working on various OS and database technologies - along with commands via applicable command line prompts. Developing and implementing performance management solutions, including writing, enhancing, and utilizing automated test suites written in VuGen's C and Java. A minimum of 5 years of HP Performance Center/LoadRunner A minimum of 4 years of Java development experience. A minimum of 3 years of experience working with and supporting APM tools and methodology (AppDynamics experience a plus). Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Preferred Prior knowledge of ratings ecosystem Experience managing teams of 2 - 5 people
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law. Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.