Payroll Manager - Americas
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance. Started in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people, and ideas - accurately delivering business and financial information, news, and insights to customers around the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our colleagues internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class. What's the Role:
We are looking for an Americas Payroll Manager in our Manhattan HQ. You will lead a client-focused team delivering pay to employees in the US, Canada and Latin America. Our payrolls are run in multiple currencies though both internal systems and third party vendors.
You'll will take a strategic lead for all Americas regional payroll operations, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance through the research, development and administration of efficient payroll policies and operating procedures. You will be frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought.
You're an experienced Payroll manager who is innovative, quick-thinking and effective. You have a strong work ethic and can motivate others through your vision, initiative, energy and self-confidence. You don't settle for the status quo - continuously challenge yourself and others. You possess a strong intellect that is combined with a practical and realistic common sense understanding of how to get things done. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Oversee payroll operations for the Americas region
- Manage, mentor and evaluate performance of a payroll team while supporting their ongoing development and training
- Collaborate and establish relationships with internal and external business partners, human resource relationship managers, compensation, staffing and line of business clients
- Ensure compliance, best practices and proper controls
- Ensure metrics targets and high accuracy rates are met
- Provide operational solutions, promoting team customer service and client satisfaction
- Provide escalation point for client specific issues, communicate in a professional manner and constantly strive for providing excellent customer service
- Work with international contacts and third party payroll providers to run payroll in Latin America and Canada
- Recommend system and process improvements
- Partner with peers in Payroll and external vendors to ensure that payroll systems provide accurate payments to employees and compliant reporting
We'd love to see:
- 7+ years of hands-on Payroll Management experience directly running multiple and diverse groups within a payroll or accounting organization
- Prior staff management skills including the ability to develop individuals and build a strong team
- Excellent collaboration and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead multiple priorities
- Ability to excel in a rapidly changing environment and adapt to change quickly
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements and manage projects
- Demonstrated ability to execute according to defined timelines
- Strong ability to build partnerships, listen to customers and develop practical, supportable, and efficient solutions to meet customer needs
- Ability to be hands on in multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- An "all hands on deck" mentality
- Controls experience
- Strong PeopleSoft knowledge
Does this sound like you?
- An up-to-date appreciation for technology and information products within the Payroll and Accounting industry
- A visionary approach with experience developing and implementing new strategies
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.