Payroll Analyst - Contract
What's the role:
We're looking for an experienced Payroll Analyst to join our Americas Payroll Team. You'll be responsible for ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance of our US and Canada semi-monthly payroll processes. You'll have responsibility for calculating wage payments, ensuring tax compliance and researching and resolving data issues. The position requires a highly organized, responsive, and flexible candidate that can handle multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Produce a US multi-state payroll for over 12,000 employees
- Ensure compliance with tax withholding at the federal, state and local levels
- Calculate payroll and ensure that the transactions are processed in compliance with company policy
- Process employee termination payments in compliance with state regulations
- Processing new hire payments, including calculating retro pay
- Assist with processing of Workday Time and Attendance
- Respond to payroll inquiries and resolve discrepancies
- Work on special projects as needed
- Assist in the coordination of year-end processing
- Ability to work in a fast paced, customer focused environment
Does this sound like you?
- A minimum of 5 years relative payroll experience with a large company, CPP preferred
- Experience using PeopleSoft required
- Strong knowledge of payroll practices and auditing
- Understanding of multi-state taxation, multi-company payrolls and taxation of non-resident employees on visas
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to research and resolve inquiries, and seek solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work closely within a global team
- Strong Excel skills
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.