The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an aggressive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation-which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, and news and media services nurtures innovation and empowers clients-and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth. What's the role:
We're looking for an experienced Payroll Analyst to join our Americas Payroll Team. You'll be responsible for ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance of our US semi-monthly (in-house) and LATAM monthly (outsourced) payroll processes. You'll have responsibility for calculating wage payments, ensuring tax compliance and researching and resolving data issues. The position requires a highly organized, responsive, and flexible candidate that has the ability to handle multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Maintain and build a high level of customer service with Bloomberg employees
- Communicate and advise on compensation, legislation, benefits and tax related issues.
- Maintain and build relationships with vendors including payroll, tax and benefits providers
- Efficient administration of monthly payrolls including the auditing of payroll results
- Administration of payroll related details on our HR/Payroll system
- Accurate transmission of banking payments, including payments reconciliation
- Respond to payroll inquiries and resolve discrepancies
- Work on special projects as needed
- Assist in the coordination of year-end processing
- Ability to work in a fast paced, customer focused environment
Does this sound like you?
- A minimum of 5 years relative payroll experience with a large company, CPP or recognized payroll qualification preferred
- A working knowledge of LATAM payroll legislation, practices and procedures
- Experience using PeopleSoft or another HR/Payroll system e.g. Oracle/Frontier
- Strong knowledge of payroll practices and auditing
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to research and resolve inquiries, and seek solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conversational Spanish preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work closely within a global team
- Strong Excel skills
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.