New York, NY
IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is seeking a payments manager to support a new distributed ledger technology-based clearance and delivery-versus-payment settlement system for syndicated loans.
In this position, you will be responsible for supervision and operational support for payments-related activities and processes. More specifically, you will:
- Assist in configuration of core banking software (Infosys Finacle) to effectively process inbound and outbound payments.
- Develop SWIFT and/or Fedwire wiring messaging templates to integrate into the settlement system. With respect to inbound wires, these templates will ensure proper identification of inbound client wires to a particular customer subaccount within an omnibus trustee account that holds client funds on a comingled basis. Assist in the development of SSI templates and processes.
- Develop payment reconciliation processes, templates and algorithms to create automated payment reconciliation reports to promptly identify and remediate breaks between cash ledgers of record. Perform end-of-day reconciliations.
- Monitor automated payment reconciliation reports for discrepancies and resolve issues.
- Monitor payment processing functions, inclusive of Repair, Approval, Messaging, NSF, Fraud, Investigations and callback review.
- Develop policies, procedures and controls for settlement system payments, including loss prevention procedures for incoming and outgoing wires.
- Review payments for accuracy of repairs and fraud review. Ensure that reconciliation reports are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify issues/trends and recommend changes to improve processing efficiency, while ensuring risk mitigation.
- Monitor system connectivity to ensure stability and seamless payment processing. Participate in disaster recovery and contingency testing as required and assist in maintaining system back-ups.
- Escalate to appropriate IT staff when system-related issues are encountered.
- Initiate customer communications when system-wide or customer-related issues are identified and work with relevant staff to ensure transparent status notifications.
- Support system testing, system implementations and become a subject-matter-expert (SME) with respect to the systems that are utilized by the department.
- Draft, review, and report suspicious activity reports (SARs).
- Minimum 6 years of payments experience with in-depth knowledge of wire transfer processes and systems, including Fedwire and SWIFT Messaging Systems (e.g., MT 103, MT 202, MT 942, MT 940 and ISO 15022 messages), as well as SWIFT ISO 20022 MX and gpi standards.
- Experience with overseeing and/or operating within a control environment.
- At least 2 years management experience in connection with payments function.
- Knowledge of KYC, BSA, AML, and OFAC rules and regulations.
- Ability to meet deadlines, understanding priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter that can manage multiple tasks under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Interest in distributed ledger technology, payment systems, and/or financial technology preferred.
- Working knowledge of Infosys Finacle core banking software or other core banking software.
- Previous experience processing payments in connection with a demand deposit omnibus account holding comingled client funds (e.g., in connection with an omnibus account held by a clearance and settlement system, futures commission merchant, or broker-dealer) and management of related cash balance ledger.
- Experience in developing and launching new payment products.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.