PM/BA Middle Back office tech - Hedge Fund
- 200k + bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- GMS Advisors
- 24 Oct 17 2017-10-24
Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager with strong middle and back office experience with a growing hedge fund!
Our client is a very successful / established hedge fund in midtown near Penn Station. .
- Grown organically to 40B and are not bringing in outside investors. (lots of growth right now).
- Great team (others I have placed there have said this so it’s not just me)
- Make a big impact with this growing team and implement new technologies into the environment.
- This team/position is the mortar that holds the bricks together.
Our client is a newly-established SEC-registered investment adviser. The technology group provides services to internal clients spanning trading, operations, risk and is embarking on a highly aggressive growth plan that covers Low Latency Trading, Cloud and Modern Webservices technologies.
Technology plays a critical role in the success of the business. As a result, they maintain a robust investment program with respect to its infrastructure, technology offerings and resources, keeping it at the forefront of financially-focused technology innovation.
This successful Hedge Fund is looking for a Project Manager/Business Analyst to oversee all post trade systems, from execution to settlement, cross asset (Equities & Futures). Platforms in scope include feeds from & to 3rd party systems such as Geneva or FIS and in-house software for reconciliation, allocation, workflow purposes to handle the entire trade lifecycle. We are seeking a highly motivated individual that is comfortable with Microsoft SQL as well as UAT and can support the entire post trade STP platform and work on several projects as part of the IT Roadmap
- Works with business partners within across regions and functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
- Demonstrates an informed knowledge of a several business areas and across assets to resolve problems on an ongoing basis
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of a client's business requirements
- Establishes relationship with business partners in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Understands client's priorities of projects and requests. Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs and recommends options, risks and cost vs. benefits
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements for the implementation of business solutions. Procures technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
- Works closely with developers to clarify requirements, and ensure development is done according to requirement
- Helps to maintain priorities of tasks for the team, and organizes sprints
- Develops test cases and validates test results during the testing phase with QA
- Coordinate with users to produce comprehensive test plan and develop user signoff criteria. Hands-on involvement in analysis and documentation of testing results and review with end-users.
- Participate in large software implementations covering quarterly upgrades and Release Management process.
- Service management and Production support Level 3. This role is within securities processing team which is responsible for production success of multiple back office securities applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate to a wide range of clients.
- Project management skills
- Rigorous and structured, dynamic, detail oriented, fast learning capacity and able to work in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of the Business area the position is focused on (Equities, Futures, and associated markets)
- Must be able to interact with a variety of clients and support staff, traders, middle office, development, infrastructure, etc.
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a very dynamic environment, with rapidly changing priorities.
- Analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Software development lifecycle knowledge
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- MS Office Suite, Project Management tool
- Detailed knowledge of the Business Area the position is exposed ( Post Trade Equities/Futures…)
Desired / Plus:
- Algorithmic skills
- Knowledge of trading and brokerage operations – front to back
- Able to provide accurate estimation of work effort for the team (Analysis, development, testing), and effective status to management as well as clients
- MS Office Suite, Project Management tool
- SQL, XML, VBA Knowledge
- 5 years or more with IT business analysis and project management experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Plus: Degree in finance