PEP Desk Officer # 107336
The candidate will be responsible for performing research around Credit Suisse's high-risk clients (existing and new) and providing related administrative and case management support, with a particular focus on conducting bilingual (Spanish/English) due diligence on the bank's Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) population in the LATAM region.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Conduct online research using open source and proprietary databases (e.g., Lexis, DDIQ, Pacers, Factiva, etc.) and draft concise analytical reports assessing the money-laundering, financial crime, and political risk associated with the bank's PEP population;
- Assist with administration and case management-related tasks in support of the regional PEP desk, inclusive of liaising with front office on a regular basis;
- Other investigative tasks as required, including ad hoc investigative requests from Client ID and the front office.
- A minimum of 4 years of corporate/business intelligence, investigative due diligence experience in the financial or professional consultancy industries
- Ability to conduct due diligence research in Spanish, English and, preferably, Portuguese
- Excellent written, analytical, and verbal communication skills in English, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas in concise written form
- Solid understanding of financial crime risks associated with PEPs
- A Bachelor's degree in qualitative field (e.g. International Relations Journalism; Law; Politics; Government; English; History; Criminal Justice; etc.)
- An expert understanding of online research and desk-based investigative techniques (e.g. Lexis, Factiva, Pacer, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, etc.)