PART-TIME PH.D. RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
- New York, NY, USA
- Temporary, Part time
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
Altfest Personal Wealth Management seeks a PART-TIME PH.D. RESEARCH ASSOCIATE to assist in ongoing research for academic publication having to do with Consumption CAPM, Household Finance and Asset Pricing. Work will be done on-site at our offices in New York, NY.
• Apply academic and theoretical knowledge for economic modelling and econometric research using data from various resources.
• Clean, analyze and organize data, then run analysis on the data.
• Help prepare study for submission to academic journal.
- PhD or PhD candidate in Economics or Finance
- Knowledge of Optimization theory, Numerical methods, and Econometrics
- Knowledge of Asset pricing (Household Finance a plus)
- Meticulous attention to detail and independent thinker
- Programming skills – R, Excel/VBA, Matlab
- Interest in academic research and publishing.
- Familiarity with academic literature a plus.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement, dedicated to putting clients’ interests ahead of its own.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
The firm was recently named in The Financial Times’ “FT300” – a listing of the nation’s top 300 Retirement Investment Advisors for 2017.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founder of the firm, has been named to Barron’s “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron’s state-by-state listing of “America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors” as #51.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, who joined the firm in its early years, was recently featured in Forbes’ first-ever list of “America’s Top Women Advisors” – she ranked #17 out of 200.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an equal opportunity employer.