Organizational Development & Learning Associate - Human Resources Group
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed. What we do:
Attracting, managing, developing and retaining diverse, world class talent is a top strategic priority for the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. The Bank's vision is to ensure that every employee has the opportunity to engage in exciting, high impact work that takes full advantage of and develops his or her capabilities. In line with this strategy, the Bank's Talent Management Function focuses on the acquisition, development and measurement of individual talent as well as organizational development, design and effectiveness.
In this exciting new role, the Organizational Development & Learning (OD&L) Associate will be part of the OD&L department working to conceive and develop capabilities related to organizational effectiveness, design and transformations within the Talent Management Function of the Human Resources Group. Working closely with key stakeholders such as Strategic Planning Office, Human Resources Analytics, Human Resources Business Partners, HR Communications, Office of Diversity & Inclusion, external consultants and line clients, the incumbent will consult on requests for services and perform the necessary diagnosis and potential reframing of issues via the established OD&L framework and models to effectively address business needs. Your role as Organizational Development & Learning Associate:
- Independently manage OD&L project efforts at the function/ department level, support Sr. Staff in delivering large, bank wide, OD&L projects and solutions
- Leverage established OD framework and models to diagnose the org in order to understand business needs, conduct root cause problem solving, generate analysis, and insights
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to generate fact-based recommendations and measurement of progress for OD&L interventions and initiatives
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to help prioritize and implement recommendations over a suitable period of time
- Support program management of one or more established processes around Learning, Talent and Performance Management
- Lead the effort around identifying opportunities for enhancing operational efficiencies in the existing processes, propose recommendations and collaborate with right stakeholders to lead change management. Ensure various systems under OD&L are in support of Bank's current and future strategic intent
- When developing learning programs: conduct methodologically sound needs analyses to identify competency requirements associated with core Bank-wide development activities, including classroom or technology-based training
- Identify new opportunities and lead vendor and internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) relationships
- Coach junior members on the team on organization development tools, frameworks and approaches
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Provide guidance on process improvement and efficiencies
- Bachelor's degree; minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Practical work experience in Organizational Development required
- Direct experience at a major institution collaborating on large scale change initiatives, including needs assessment, strategy, detailed design, process improvement, and systems improvement
- Direct experience in learning and/or talent and performance management, ideally with experience in human capital, talent management, and/or organization consulting initiatives
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities, particularly in identifying and framing issues, synthesizing information, and drawing conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to link management and human capital practices to overall business goals, and translating those linkages into specific program designs and execution
- Excellent program management expertise; ability to shape and drive multiple projects with a high level of timeliness and quality in deliverables
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. Why the Fed:
- Comfort and skill in collaborating with others to develop and drive solutions that drive Bank-wide and unit specific goals and objectives
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA. Click here to learn more.