Operations Specialist (bilingual Japanese-English)
To provide assistance to customers in the execution of Japanese Corporate Banking services in accordance with the establish systems and procedures.
To conduct assigned internal control processing on timely manner such as, but no limited to, KYC activities and maintenance of customer information, etc. Responsibilities
- Maintain and enhance basic understanding of the bank's applicable rules and procedures and comply with the bank's code of conduct.
- Maintain and enhance basic understanding of the bank's products and systems.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Support Supervisor and Unit Head on special projects as necessary.
- Serve as liaison between customers and the bank for the handling of financial transactions such as loans, Time Deposits, FX deals in accordance with the bank's procedure.
- Respond to customer's inquiries in professional manner.
- Preparations of the required documents to open or close accounts and the required forms for systems registration.
- Understand new deals schemes and other conditions with the assistance of account officers.
- Provide quality service to customers over the telephone, assist Account Officers with complex transactions and other assignments as required.
- Initiate Facility Instruction Sheet on MIPS accurately and timely.
- Update customer information on MIPS and CCDB.
- Outgoing e-mail review. (cross check)
- Activity Review of assigned accounts timely.
- Bachelor's degree
- Business-level English/Japanese Bilingual language skills required
- Skill of writing business e-mails in Japanese / English for customer
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Good team player
- Occasional overtime required
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.