- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Dec 18
Operations Control and Risk, Risk Framework and Regulatory, AVP-VP #123410
AVP-VP role in the Risk Framework & Regulatory team in New York (within the Operations Control & Risk Group for Group Operations). Member of the NY team as a part of a Global team across London, New York, Singapore and Pune with key responsibilities to:
- Partner with responsible line managers in America to ensure compliance with the Global Regulatory Reporting Framework. Activities include: assisting with on-boarding new reports; significant existing report governance, understanding and handshaking with upstream data providers, and helping with materials for regional Regulatory Committee.
- Lead and support regulatory reviews from planning stage to completion.
- Partner with senior Group Operations functional management on support with internal audit and reviews and exams by external examiners and regulators.
- Seek and engage SMEs across the organization to help develop standard methodologies and roll out mentorship for regulatory reporting and control activities and significant risk topics.
- Produce guidelines and re-engineer processes; partner with other parts of OC&R to help establish implementation of topics including: regulatory reporting oversight of issues, past due items, inventory of reports and MI reporting.
- Perform and lead ad-hoc assurance / support management with a risk based approach to Spotlight Reviews, and cover hot topics in high risk areas.
- Support the Americas Lead for the team and at times lead projects and initiatives. Present on certain risk and controls matters directly with senior management and at the Working Group levels.
- Provide risk expertise and structured thinking to regulatory projects and tasks such; implementing of refreshed Operational Regulatory Control Framework and risk assessments; analyzing data and reporting to senior management.
- Ensure the maintenance of the framework within Group Operations, with appropriate alignment to the Target Operating Model and bank-wide standards.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Operational Risk experience or experience in a similar risk related discipline (e.g Audit, Consulting), supplemented with wider financial business and product knowledge from other roles.
- Have you been delivery focused by successfully driving projects / reviews / tasks to completion at high standards?
- Are you able to understand, apply policies and craft practical and simple operational risk guidelines based off several data points, such as audit findings and previous incidents?
- Individual will be expected to articulate complex operational risk issues in a structured, targeted and impactful manner to management.
- You possess a creative and inquisitive mindset by showing critical thinking in spotting problems at a high level and then deep-dive into specific aspects.
- You have the ability to question the status quo, identify issues and improvements to establish and grow professional relationships at all levels within the firm.
- You have a degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting discipline. Further qualifications such as CPA or MBA are desirable.
- Have you had any experience looking after various auditors and regulators?
- You have exposure working in the Corporate Functions area (such as Product Control, Operations or Financial Accounting).
- Do you have intermediate or advanced PowerPoint & Excel skills?