Operations Analyst - Trade Support/Reconciliation Admin
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNP Paribas Asset Management
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
We have an excellent career opportunity for an entry level Operations position in our New York office. As part of a small team, this individual will rotate through Operations as a Trade Support Administrator and a Reconciliation Administrator. Rotations will occur based on current business needs.
• Confirming, processing and reporting on all trades.
• Working with portfolio managers to resolve all trade differences between firm and broker-dealers.
• Monitoring and controlling all electronic trade execution, processing, accounting and reporting systems.
• Instructing custodian banks on settlement of all trades which are not reported electronically.
• Obtaining daily reporting from numerous third parties including client custodian banks, trustees and prime brokers.
• Reconciling firm investment accounting data with third party data and using a third party system to produce exception reports.
• Producing manual reconciliations using Excel for custodians and brokers without electronic reporting capabilities.
• Researching and resolving reconciliation exceptions.
• Producing daily reports for distribution to management and operations staff including fail reports, overdraft report, and reconciliation statistics.
• Producing reporting for distribution to clients, regulators and/or custodian banks.
Ideal Personal Profile:
• Analytical skills: Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view. Individual is driven by the desire to know more about things, peoples or events.
• Accuracy: Constantly attentive to the precision and thoroughness of the information sent and to the quality of the work; ensures that errors are minimized.
• Communication skills: Expresses his / her messages, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate to the audience being addressed.
• Organizational skills: Sets priorities, plans actions and methodically monitors their progress by coordinating activities and resources in the best way possible.
• Teamwork: Knows how to work in a team and/or across teams, acts bearing common interests and respect for fellow team members.
• Integrity: Acts ethically, in compliance with what is said and while respecting the company’s values and rules.
Academic Background and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline.
• Excellent academic credentials.
• Related financial services internship(s)/work experience a strong plus.
• Strong computer skills, with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume utilizing the online application process. Equal Opportunity Employer.