Description About this role About this role
This Analyst/Associate position based in New York will play a critical role in ensuring the integrity of the operations infrastructure for Social Impact programs on a daily basis, and will report to Director, Social Impact with a dotted line to the Associate managing Social Impact's operations globally. A successful candidate will be data driven and client service oriented, with an aptitude for deploying technology to optimize workflow processes. Responsibilities Programs Support
Operations & Recordkeeping
- Manage Social Impact mailbox, ensuring timely response to enquiries, liaising with Social Impact colleagues as needed
- Review and approve Matching Gift and Matching Time requests, ensuring compliance with program policies
- Support the annual employee grant program, Gives
- Serve as a resource for employees and prospective Gives grantees, assisting in the application process as necessary
- Provide training and guidance to employees on how to use the Matching Gifts platform (Benevity), including proactively assisting employees in creating volunteer event content
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Collect, process and track payments for Social Impact and The BlackRock Foundation in accordance with policies
- Input employee payment records into the grants and spend tracking system (Versaic), ensuring integrity of data and information
- Work with Operations Associate to support spend tracking, projections, reporting and payments for domestic and international Matching Gifts program
- Ensure consistent and accurate recordkeeping, in compliance with internal policies
- Prepare Social Impact quarterly and ad hoc financial reports
- Support processing of Executive donation requests
- Assist with compliance and procurement processes for third party vendors
- Support Operations Associate with Social Impact's governance and procedures documentation
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of professional work experience
- Problem solver with strong quantitative and analytical abilities, including attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and client service orientation
- Demonstrated interest in Social Impact/Philanthropy
- High degree of organization, project planning and management skills, and independent thinking
- Enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity
- Prior experience with grants management and employee giving platforms preferred
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.