Corporate Philanthropy is core to the culture of Bloomberg. We focus on giving back in the cities in which we live and work, using the time and talents of our employees and the resources of our business to create lasting impact, and to deepen engagement with our colleagues, clients, and cultural and charitable partner organizations around the world.
Within Corporate Philanthropy, the Philanthropy Operations team forms the backbone of our infrastructure and encompasses our technology, data & reporting, finance, and grants management functions. We are looking for an Operations Analyst to provide support and move seamlessly across all of these operations verticals, with a particular emphasis on grants management.
Our ideal candidate will not only keep their cool but will excel in a fast-paced, high-volume, and high-standards environment, and will be excited by the opportunity to be an individual contributor who plays a key role in business operations. We'll trust you with:
The individual we are looking to hire should possess:
- Full life cycle grants management, including new charity onboarding, grant and payment processing, serving as a first line of support for charity questions, and coordination with other business units as needed (Accounts Payable, Compliance, Legal, etc.)
- Performing due diligence on potential and/or existing charity partners with an eye towards identifying and mitigating risk, and creating adverse media and other alerts
- Employee reviews and approvals
- Data validation and data governance across our events, grants management, and ticketing systems, including but not limited to coding and internal diligence and legal audits
- Excel and Qlik-based reporting
- Ad hoc operations projects
Does this sound like you?
- Strong analytical skills
- An incredible eye for and attention to detail
- Fluency in Excel
- Excellent time & project management skills
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Sound judgement to resolve issues
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years prior work experience in an operations, data, or finance role
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.