Operational Risk Reporting
- 70000 -110000
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Hamlyn Williams
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Currently there is a high profile role for an experienced Operational Risk Manager to join an existing team. The successful candidate will be required to support the Front Office and the Control Functions to manage their Operational Risks within appetite. They will also be required to support the firm to effectively manage the risks arising from change, and contribute to assuring the firm’s regulators and other stakeholders as to the robustness of its Operational Risk Management framework. This role reports directly into the Head of Operational Risk Management, who in turn reports to the International CRO.
• Manage relationships with the Front Office and Control Functions and liaise with counterparts in New York, California, London, Hong Kong, & Japan.
• Provide independent assessment and monitoring of MUS(USA) Operational Risk profile, through: o Incident management and post incident reviews;
o Review and management of KRIs, KPIs and KCIs;
o Tracking of progress with remediation actions;
o Monitoring of key controls;
o ORM reporting to senior management and other stakeholder;
o Contribute to Risk Assessment workshops; and
o Facilitation and documentation of Scenario Analysis workshops.
o Managing external incident data
• Prepare presentation materials for the firm’s various Risk Governance Committees, working groups, and meetings.
• Facilitate ORM responses to Audit and other internal and external request
• Being a contributing team player in an evolving operational risk management environment, incorporating a positive and flexible approach.
• Participating in ad hoc special projects and initiatives as needed.
• Undertake deep-dives.
• Contribute to the risk assessments for the most material risks and control.
• Support the firm’s CCAR and DFAST processes.
• Monitor, track, and test controls of conditions from the approval of business proposals, new products, complex transactions and trading platforms.
• Collaborate with managers and SME’s to create appropriate operational risk management training and awareness.
• Contribute to development and review of risk management policies and procedures
Skills and experience
• Experience working in a Trading environment (Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office, etc.)
• Hands-on experience of effective Operational Risk Management.
• Good knowledge of both investment banking products and front-to-back processes.
• Understanding of bank regulatory guidelines (Basel, Stress Testing, Volcker, Dodd-Frank, etc.)
• General planning and project management experience
• Skilled in risk and trend identification, ability to analyse risk metrics and translate into action plans
• Strong academics and relevant professional qualifications / accreditations.
• Strong team player with the ability to collaborate with business stakeholders.
• Clear and concise written and oral communication.
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
• Good time management and ability to prioritize.
• Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.