A top-tier asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is looking to hire an Operational Risk Manager with 5+ years of Operational Risk experience at an asset management firm, broker dealer or management consulting firm. MUST have Operational Risk experience in addition to a general understanding of Business Continuity.
The Operational Risk Manager is responsible for partnering with the business and supporting infrastructure areas to aid the firm in addressing the risks of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems, or from external events. The purpose of the role is to provide guidance and challenge to the business surrounding the Operational Risk Framework including, the articulation and escalation of operational risks, providing advisory support, new product approval due diligence, and ensuring that the business appropriately represents its risk and controls on the Risk Control Assessment and Operational Risk Inventory.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Risk Partner providing independent oversight and advice surrounding operational risks.
- Partner with the business and supporting infrastructure areas to ensure that the Operational Risk framework is understood and effectively applied.
- Assist the business and infrastructure in the evaluation and assessment of risk events that may lead to operational, financial, and/or reputational issues.
- Collaborate with the business to ensure that risk events are appropriately documented, reported, and remediated.
- Assess Operational Risks associated with new products and/or initiatives
- Perform post implementation and thematic reviews to identify risks associated with products.
- Support strategic initiatives and special projects as assigned by Risk or the business.
- Participate in committees, forums and working groups to ensure that Operational Risks are appropriately understood and addressed.
- BA/BS Degree.
- 5+ years of Operational Risk experience within an Asset Management, Broker Dealer or Management Consulting environment and an understanding of Business Continuity
- Experience in reviewing, analyzing and writing operational incident reports and conducting risk control self-assessments.