Key role in leading banking group, can be undertaken remotely.
- Assess, recommend and enhance overall Operational Risk Management Framework
- Develop key metrics and tools that align to industry practices and ensure effective processes to identify, measure, manage, monitor and report operational risk.
- Prepare executive level reporting for senior management, ERM, and the board.
- Develop/support firm approach to other key ORMF components (e.g. RCSA, Process Risk Assessments, KRIs, Risk Event Capture, Risk Appetite, New Product Approval, etc.)
- Assess, recommend and facilitate approval of the firm’s Operational Risk Policy, and standards that incorporate operational risk limits and tolerances.
- Create and manage process to gain consensus of Committees and Working Groups regarding the framework, policy and standards.
- Incorporate, on an ongoing basis, feedback received from Enterprise Risk Management business unit risk teams, senior management, board of directors, to enhance the ORMF components.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance on the firm’s operational risk framework to ensure that management is aware of the firm’s operational risk-taking philosophy, policy, authority structure, procedures and processes.
- Administration of Operational Risk Management training to personnel across various levels of the Firm, and communication of Operational Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively, and communicate efficiently, with first line business unit personnel, including Business Unit Risk Managers (BURMs), and other senior members of various lines of the business.
- Strong knowledge of core Operational Risk Management components and processes, including Risk and Control Self-Assessments, Operational Risk Event reporting and mitigation, Key Risk Indicators, Scenario Analysis, Emerging Risks, and products and services risk assessments.
- Ability to maintain detailed and auditable documentation around Operational Risk processes, analysis, and discoveries.
- Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRAC) software and knowledge of how Operational Risk Management processes are incorporated into GRAC tools, and are continuously managed through the tools.
- Experience in preparation of presentations for, and presenting in before, large groups across various levels of the Firm
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business administration, or related field required
- 6+ years of Risk Management or related experience