Operational Risk Manager
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
We are a global European bank with a growing NYC office. We seek an Operational Risk Manager who will be responsible for supporting the Head of Operational Risk USA in the management of operational risk in all Business Lines and legal entities within the United States. As part of the second line of defence, ORM USA is responsible for setting and maintaining the U.S operational risk management framework. Operationally, this is met through development and support of ORM policies, methodology and tooling.
- Entity Level Controls Assessment (“ELCA”) – to assess the effectiveness of the entity-level controls, including compliance, business continuity management and information security management.
- Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (“RCSA”) – performed to determine the inherent and residual risks of in-scope front-to-back processes for all U.S business lines, support teams and other second line functions.
- Change Risk Assessment (“CRA”) - for new activities and new products, implementation / changes of key systems and/or processes.
- Strategic Risk Assessment (“SRA”) – annual assessment performed by Country Management Team USA to identify risks that may endanger the business objectives.
- Perform Monitoring Controls & Testing (“MC&T”) to evaluate the effectiveness of operational risk controls across all business lines.
- Implement ‘forward looking’ Key Risk Indicators to monitor and track control effectiveness.
- Support recording of incidents through Risk Event Management (“REM”), collect and reconcile event data and to benchmark against internal and external loss data.
- Help to ensure that issues are self-identified by 1st line of defense and addressed timely with corrective action, including root cause analysis.
- Provide communication and training on all Operational Risk aspect
- Perform annual deep dives for high risk processes.
This is a high visibility role within the organization. We are looking for outstanding talent with strong intellectual and analytical capabilities with a well-developed tool kit and the ability to challenge colleagues at any level of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or other related field
- 5+ years of experience in Operational Risk or Audit, Project management, related control function responsibilities or Business/Operations functions.
- Ability to analyze a function, process or transaction and identify the key risks and controls within it
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop networks, build consensus and develop relationships throughout the organization
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with senior leaders and regulators
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including presentation skills
- Travel up to 5%