Operational Excellence, Vice President
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Operational Excellence Group is a newly formed global function responsible for identifying and helping design and build key process improvements and enhancements, contributing to the firm’s goal of increasing operational scale and leverage. The group will partner with business leaders and COOs along with BPI, Tech & Ops, APG and RQA to proactively identify, develop and execute various process initiatives. The group will also investigate certain critical operational events, at the direction of the COO, and identify key lessons and potential systemic concerns across the firm. The group seeks to attract and develop best-in-class talent from multi-disciplinary backgrounds including asset management, operations, technology, data science, risk management and finance. Successful professionals in the group will demonstrate a strong understanding of the asset and risk management businesses, capability to leverage technology and data analytics, build strong working relationships with business partners, and deliver value-added services which strengthen the Company’s operating environment.
The Vice President – Operational Excellence (OE) will be responsible for collaborating with team leadership to develop a best-in-class approach for identifying broad process improvement opportunities through engagement with key stakeholders and subject matter experts, and analysis of operational, audit, compliance and other data. This individual will have the opportunity to tackle emerging and current business problems and drive change and innovation within the organization. Specifically, she/he will partner with stakeholders to develop specific operational improvement ideas, design project plans and work with relevant businesses to help advance process initiatives. This position will be located in New York and some travel will be required, approximating 10-20%. We are looking for candidates that can combine expertise in operational analysis, risk management, technology and cross-functional execution of highly visible process initiatives. This position requires considerable cross-department collaboration with all areas of the firm.
The Vice President - OE will be expected to contribute significantly to process development and innovation, business partner engagement and process initiative identification and design. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with OE leadership to design an innovative and disciplined methodology for process improvement
- Identify and help build technology and tools to facilitate the OE process
- Partner with senior leadership across the firm to identify and analyze process improvement opportunities
- Create project proposals, build business case, syndicate and achieve business consensus
- Day-to-day work may involve process mapping, data analysis, project planning, understanding root-causes of operating errors and other related events, and interacting with people at various levels to understand issues and emerging risks
- Scope of the work/projects include but is not limited to process analysis, efficiencies, automation, technology adoption, and driving innovation
- Work closely with the COOs of various functions, or with business leaders to plan, define, manage and communicate priorities for the transformation or change initiatives
- Partner with adjacent functions of BPI, Operations Risk, and other Change Management groups to find synergies, learnings, and help to accelerate the pace of change across functions
Career Development Opportunity:
- Establish close working relationships with senior executives across the region on key strategic process improvement initiatives
- Exposure to all businesses across the region and globally. Opportunity to expand knowledge of the Company’s businesses and operations as well as work with a broad group of business executives.
- Work closely with risk and control groups across the globe.
- Platform to influence for positive change across the company.
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, risk management, business analytics, technology, data science or engineering is preferred.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in investment/asset management, operational analytics or risk and control related roles.
- Consulting/project facilitation experience a plus
- Strong project management, organizational skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with executive management and external regulators.
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead up and influence others without authority.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.