Operational Due Diligence Officer (UBS Career Comeback)
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Apr 19
Job Reference # 189747BR
Been out of the workforce for two or more years and ready to come back? Already built a career in financial services (or in a transferable role) and want to take the next step on your career path?
We recognize the added value that experienced talent brings into our workplace. And we also know that it's not always easy to find the right work opportunity after a career break. That's where UBS Career Comeback comes in – to help make the transition back to work a success.
Find out more about the program under https://www.ubs.com/microsites/ubs-career-comeback/en/welcome.html ubs.com/careercomeback.
Are you passionate about the hedge fund of funds business? Do you consider yourself analytical fact-finder? If so, an Operational Due Diligence Officer role has arisen within UBS Hedge Fund Solutions' Investment team that might be a good opportunity for you. You will be part of a central dedicated team managing funds on the Funds of Hedge Fund platform. We serve the institutional investment community and invest directly into the World's top Hedge Funds.
We are looking for someone to be responsibilities for all aspects of business and operational due diligence on hedge funds for strategies covered including: equity long/short, statistical, systematic, convertible, merger arbitrage, trading, macro, credit, fixed income, and mortgages.
We are looking for someone who can:
• communicate and establish good working relationships with senior business personnel of hedge funds
• review documentation and conduct interviews (on-site with hedge funds) to establish facts pertaining to business and operational risk
• evaluate the overall quality of hedge fund systems, controls, infrastructure and personnel
• write detailed reports containing comprehensive information and analysis related to the business and operational environment at the hedge funds
• perform regular monitoring of ongoing investments
• Determine necessity of “as-needed” monitoring of current investments that undergo significant change over time
We are a dynamic team that works closely with the investment professionals to determine whether hedge fund investments are suitable for our portfolios. We are consultative in nature and focusing in on the business risks of a hedge fund. We conduct on-site visits will require some business travel in the US, and possible international travel to Europe and/or Asia.
• a background analyzing hedge funds or proprietary trading operations Big 4 Financial Services Sector Audit/ Consulting or Market/ Operational Risk from a prestigious Investment Bank or have worked in the back office of a hedge fund.
• familiarity with the different service providers and their roles with hedge funds
• 5-10 years post-qualified experience (although more exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered).
• familiar with back and middle office operations and systems
• well-versed in securities valuation and pricing analysis
• understanding of risk management methodologies
• dynamic, smart, hardworking, self-starter attributes
• an articulate and collaborative team member
• timely in task completion
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.