Operational Due Diligence
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- The Goodkind Group
- 08 Sep 18 2018-09-08
TOP@ Hedge Fund seeks an Operational Due Diligence professional. Internal Auditors should apply prior to busy season!!!!!
• Serve as member of Fund's Operational Due Diligence team which conducts due diligence on investment managers for hedge funds.
• Meet with senior personnel at current and prospective investment managers to evaluate business risks of the organizations.
• Review accounting records, observe operational processes and evaluate investment managers’ valuation methodology and operational controls to ensure adequate processes and procedures are being utilized by the managers, and prepare written reports to summarize processes and control infrastructure at manager under review.
• Perform service provider confirmations, asset verifications, and complete background investigations for key manager personnel.
• Conduct ongoing monitoring of changes in managers’ business operations. Assist with the production of operational related marketing materials.
• Improve and streamline existing operational due diligence processes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting or related analytical field required.
• CPA license required.
• 2-4 years of experience in the alternative investment industry as auditor of hedge funds at a public accounting firm required.
• Candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with financial statement reporting, financial instruments (including equities, bonds, forwards, CDS and bank debt), operational/accounting processes and hedge fund structures and strategies required.
• Experience should include reviewing accounting records, pricing reports, and supporting broker quotes/valuation documentation and bookkeeping processes of investment managers, as well as experience analyzing financial statements and performing fee calculations.