Oil & Gas Credit Analyst
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international trading house looking to hire a senior credit (Vice President / Senior Vice President) analyst to their oil & gas department. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Manage counterparty credit risk for LATAM clients in the oil and gas sector (fuel, jet, gasoil, gasoline etc.)
- Follow and understand the credit risk associated with each transaction and voice exposure in the portfolio on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the commercial, legal, treasury, finance and operations teams to ensure a full understanding of the credit risk related to each transaction.
- Propose credit limits and innovative solutions to minimize credit risk
- Role reports into the Chief Credit Officer
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a credit analyst role dealing with counterparts in the oil & gas space (petroleum products)
- Strong communication and negotiation for handling the credit related portion of trading agreements
- Fluency in English, Spanish is advantageous
- Strong understanding of the risks related to commodity trading and ability to perform in-depth analysis of financial statements.
- Located in the USA or eligible to work and relocate to the USA