Office of the CAO | Reference Data, Operations Associate
Job Description Overview
We are looking for leaders and problem solvers who are passionate about data and data management.
The purpose of the Operations team within the Reference Data Product Management group is to manage daily operations of enterprise reference data systems and associated businesses processes. The role requires effective management of tactical, BAU activity, as well as longer term, more strategic projects to introduce product and process improvements.
A successful candidate will be an experienced Operations associate who communicates and collaborates effectively, taking ownership and accountability for operational stability, issues, and ongoing improvements in their areas of focus. They will demonstrate a track record of success in a fast-paced production role, with the ability to contribute meaningfully to data-driven process improvements over time. The ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders - front office customers, project managers, business analysists, and technologists - is important Required Skills Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Lead, the Operations Associate will be responsible for delivering robust reference data operations, with a focus on instrument master data, but also including other types of reference data such as party and EOD pricing data.
- Follow and maintain a daily playbook of operational procedures and controls
- Capture all metadata feeding into an Incident Management program for all reference data issues
- Work with front and back office stakeholders across the organization to triage and fix production issues
- Produce operational reports for team and management reviews on a regular basis
- Work with technologists, project managers, and business analysts to deliver reference data system upgrades
- 5 or more years of professional experience in financial services, particularly operational / production roles in support of trading and investment activities
- Solid knowledge of financial products and instruments
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Very strong attention to detail, with an interest in process design and automation
- Strong analytical skills
BA/BS Bachelor's Degree (STEM degree preferred) About Citadel
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel's hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel's team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.