OFAC Analyst 2
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
OFAC Analyst 2
The primary purpose of this position is to review and analyze customer information and activity for compliance with sanctions laws using various methods, such as (but not limited to) an automated OFAC monitoring system, reports, notification from other banking personnel and transactional testing. The incumbent will also address functions of OFAC and FinCEN reporting requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Conduct in-depth research into customer accounts, properly document findings and communicate with account officers requesting information to ascertain if activity is permissible by regulation.
* Conducts investigations to appropriately resolve potential matches generated by the Bank's OFAC screening software on both the customer and transaction level.
* Acts as point of contact for all escalations by the business lines related to OFAC matters.
* Thoroughly document findings by preparing reports in a manner that is clear and comprehensible to BSA supervisors/managers, internal auditors and regulatory examiners.
* Review new accounts and/or customer profile updates, which are screened against Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) lists through the Bank's OFAC system.
* Review information provided for Commercial, Residential and Consumer loans for possible OFAC matches, as well as wire transfers to ascertain compliance requirements.
* Prepare and/or file blocked property report with OFAC.
* Review and analyze bi-monthly FinCEN 314(a) issued lists for possible matches within the Bank's database, wire activity and monetary instrument report.
* Report all findings to manager.
* Review and prepare Currency Transaction Reports.
* Exercise discretion in setting priorities, identifying accounts that require further investigation and taking action to obtain the information required.
* Perform any other assignments as directed by manager.
* Participate in all team meetings.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Interact with other departments to resolve open BSA investigations
* Troubleshoot system issues with the IT department and management team
* Cross-train staff on systems
* Perform LOB training when needed
* Assist with CTRs as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with the representative knowledge, skill and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* College degree preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience in banking with material focus on BSA/AML compliance.