- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
North America Trade Head, MD
North America Trade Head, MD
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19024352
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi ICG is a leading provider of cash management, trade, securities and fund services to financial institutions, Public Sectors and Corporate clients around the world. With a global network spanning 100+ countries, we are uniquely qualified to service clients with local and cross-border interests and provide integrated reporting and management.
Treasury & Trade Solutions (TTS) provides a broad range of cash management, treasury and trade services. Our global platform is unique in the industry for its reach, interoperability and flexibility. It provides clients with timely, accurate information and dynamic, web-based tools to effectively manage their working capital and supply chain around the world. Combined with a worldwide network of dedicated and experienced transaction services professionals, TTS is well suited to serve clients anywhere they do business.
This role focuses on leading the Trade North America business across US & Canada. The selected senior leader will be responsible for successfully developing and executing the strategy for growing the Trade franchise in NAM.
This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of North America Trade business, including ownership of the P&L, Strategy, Execution and People management. This is an end-end responsibility covering Product, Sales and Operations functions. The end-end management will be through a combination of direct and matrix reports running the above functions.
- Develop, implement and execute business strategy to support our growth targets across all Trade Pillars; Trade Working Capital Finance, Trade Finance, Trade Services, Trade Commodity Finance, and Export Agency Finance. Execute a globally coordinated strategy for each product suite with a specific focus on existing portfolio optimization initiatives and breakout strategies in terms on increasing penetration of client wallet and optimization.
- Drive revenue growth through market share capture. Develop North America product differentiation value propositions and sales narrative. Strong Banking and Citi Sales Solutions interface to jointly identify areas of focus and develop product capabilities to capture incremental market share. Work with partners across Global and Regional product teams and Coverage to distil and focus on key levers for growth of the franchise. Lead ideation and facilitate execution.
- Serve as Senior on client relationships and deals. Ensure all work streams are on track by removing obstacles, make strategic decisions and drive to successful seamless transition.
- Serve as Program Sponsor for the commercialization of Trade's newer offering, including Dynamic Discounting and Open Account. Provide strategic oversight to drive pipeline and revenue growth.
- Serve as Senior on key external partnership and key vendors, including C2FO.
- Develop strong internal partnerships and take a leadership role as a member of the TTS NA senior leadership team as well as the Trade Global Product team. Ensure on-going and consistent transfer of expertise and best practices through global forums.
- Indirect, but active management of Operations & Technology to ensure product delivery within standards and reengineer existing products to gain scale and efficiency in conjunction with market expansion.
- Ensure the products adhere to all control and compliance requirements, not limited to Product Approval Programs, NPAC and Global Deal Review. Maintain a pristine control environment.
- Attract, motivate and retain top talent. Focus on building bench strength. Develop the team's industry knowledge and strategic thinking.
- Comprehensive Business Management Experience for a large product, managing end-end across a matrixed organization.
- Exposure and learning as a member of the NA TTS Senior Leadership Team.
- The opportunity to continue expanding a business with significant wallet size in the NAM region.
- Play an integral role in advancing our business strategy for the region and help in global success transfer.
- Continued experience and development in a large role within the TTS business or the larger Citi franchise.
- Undergraduate Degree, MBA preferred.
- High level of personal integrity and interest in building the business in the Region.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong ability to influence and build consensus.
- Articulate in written and verbal communication skills; Financial acumen.
- Ability to think through a process to get it to the next level independently.
- Propensity for detail and comprehensiveness of content.
- Proven track record of success.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in an extremely time-sensitive environment.
- Experienced in managing a P&L business with extensive financial acumen.
- Strategic thought process.
- Knowledge of the transaction services space.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional execution skills; gets results.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong relationship builder at multiple levels of the organization.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills.
- Adept at managing within a highly matrix environment.
- Experience working with all levels of senior management
- Proven track record of successfully managing a large and complex business.
- An accomplished Product and/or Sales professional who understands the TTS business and has the ability and drive to motivate the business and team's performance.
- 10+ years business management experience with in-depth experience in Trade products.
- 10+ years direct people management experience, including senior teams.
- Results-driven person with very strong communication, client facing and sales skills. Ability to serve as a Senior to clients and external partners.
- Strong and demonstrated leadership skills managing a diverse team with the ability to motivate and influence; foster innovation. Superior problem analysis/solving, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong track record on developing and nurturing client and/or vendor relations.
- Proven track record on delivering results.
- Recognized for his or her execution skills.
- Strong ability to manage in a matrix environment.
- Credit & Risk background.
- P&L management experience.
- Strategic analysis/thought process.
- Ability to work with multiple organizations and stakeholders, including Senior Management.
- Credibility with diverse stakeholders.
- Allocating resources across multiple priorities with varying levels of complexity.
- Exceptional strategic planning skills; ability to conceptualize and execute on the business vision.
- Strong teamwork and relationship building skills.
- Highly developed influence skills.
- Strong leadership and communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task & work under pressure and tight deadlines.