Non-Financial Risk Management Strategy and Reporting Analyst
- An unusual chance for you to become part of our international and diverse environment in Zurich within our Non-Financial Risk Management Strategy & Planning team which is located in Zurich and New York and reports to the Group Head of Non-Financial Risk Management.
- You will closely support the Strategy & Planning Director based in Zurich in the coordination and execution of strategic programs and reporting processes, thereby contributing significant value to management information reported at various levels, including Executive Board, Board of Directors, and Regulatory reporting.
- You will have the opportunity to apply your analytical capabilities throughout the process.
- Opportunity to support senior management in the continuous delivery of disciplined processes in the delivery of strategic programs and reporting in alignment with strategic goals, internal policies and regulatory expectations.
- As a key person you will be one of our subject matter experts responsible for adhering to reporting process steps and delivery timelines and coordinating communications and meetings to ensure consistency, timeliness, and accuracy of reporting deliverables with respective teams, Senior Management and also with internal clients.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- At least 4 - 6 years of relevant strategy or reporting analysis or coordination and project management experience, for example within a leading consulting firm in the financial services industry and or banking institution.
- You have strong technical skills in Microsoft Office programs, in particular PowerPoint and Word, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- You have the ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks, along with orchestrating deliverables across a diverse group of internal partners.
- You are a committed teammate with an independent, reliable and thorough way of working and a self-starter personality with a highly independent and dedicated approach.
- Strong communication and presentation skills support you in convincing others of your ideas.
- Your strong client orientation and your interpersonal skills provide you with the skill set to establish excellent relationships across the bank.
- You demonstrate ability to exert influence without authority and to garner respect through actions, along with proficiency in handling conflicts with tight deadlines.
- Highly pragmatic business analysis, get things done attitude, problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.