Non-Financial Risk Management (NFRM) Response Management
- This individual will be responsible for leading Regulatory and Audit Response Management, which includes the following:
- Establish best practices and standards for regulatory and audit engagement to improve our effectiveness and performance
- Strengthen the operating model and coordination with SMEs, Internal Audit, Regulatory Affairs/Regulatory Relationship Managers, and Regulatory Risk Management
- Coordinate deliverables and responses across multiple stakeholders on behalf of the Group Head of NFRM
- Oversee regulatory and audit responses/deliverables to ensure accuracy/relevance of content and timeliness of response
- Conduct review/challenge sessions on regulatory closure evidence and sustainability of issues
- Work with Regulatory Change groups to understand impacts of policy and regulation changes
- Deliver management information for Regulators, BoD and management committee updates
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience with a leading consulting firm within financial services or an international investment bank.
- Experience delivering strategic initiatives, preferably in Operational Risk or Compliance function of an investment bank or similar institution.
- Experience executing issue resolution, root cause analytics, development of action plans, knowledge of risk and control principles.
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to work in a matrix environment and lead others that are not direct reports.
- Experience managing processes, detail oriented, with proven ability to question and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Solution oriented, problem solver.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, with all levels of the organization.