Network Tooling Support Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 15 Nov 18
Network Tooling Support Engineer
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI)
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) delivers and manages essential and innovative technology infrastructure solutions to Morgan Stanley's businesses. EI is responsible for driving the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, mainframe servers and databases, distributed computing, wireless technologies, and associated end user capabilities.
1) Adjust tooling configuration as per certified standards and Engineering recommendations
2) Ensure tooling configurations are properly set to maximize operational effectiveness
3) Act as team representative for regular scheduled network management review meetings
4) Provide coordination and act as a team interface between Network Operations and the Engineering, Deployment, and Security teams
5) Conduct tooling audits to assess proper operational coverage and build remediation changes as required
6) Review posted documentation to ensure all tooling is in adherence to and compliant of any mandates
7) Facilitate and coordinate work with external vendors for tooling updates and upgrades
8) Participate in network management design and peer reviews
9) Adapt and transform operational and/or functional needs into solutions
Coverage and Support:
1) Responsibility will include on-site cover in line with Morgan Stanley's policies.
- Understanding of NMS protocols (SNMP, Syslog, NTP, DNS, NetFlow, TACACS, Netconf, API, Yang, YAML, XML, JSON, HTTP/HTTPS, ACI)
- Understanding of NMS products for Alert, Incident, Problem, Capacity and Performance, Wifi, Security, and Flow Management.
- Proven understanding of how operational workflow requirements can be translated into tooling methods and configurations.
- Scripting experience (shell, PERL, Python, etc) is preferred.
- Project management/coordination (plus)
- Experience with network automation/orchestration tools/frameworks is preferred.
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills, customer service focus, attention to detail, and process orientation
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to distill and present information to business community in non-technical terminology
- Business analysis skills, with the ability to forecast implications and provide consultative recommendations and solutions
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage operational lifecycle