Network, Server, Desktop and Application Support
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- China International Capital Corporation (US) Ltd
- 10 May 19
This job is to be performed by a Network, Server and Desktop Support Associate.
This job is to be performed by a Network, Server and Desktop Support Associate. The duties and responsibilities on this job include, but not limit to:
- Support global trading and related analysis; act as a remote site and oversea hub. The job will involve communications between other oversea offices and head quarter, which will need strong Chinese communication skills and good understanding of the Chinese company culture.
- Manages and administers various desktop support;
- Support end users on complex technical and functional application issues;
- Manages data backup and keep record of backup task;
- Utilizes remote management tools and to diagnose and resolve desktop problems;
- Performs proactive server monitoring;
- Coordinates the installation of equipment and software necessary to meet the clients’ desktop requirements in the most efficient and cost effective manner;
- Collaborates with other team members and/ or other groups to plan projects or resolve problems;
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with the various internal and external support teams;
- Maintains and manages a working relationship with third party vendors and suppliers;
- Ensures effective client services and adapt processes according to client satisfaction feedback and ongoing dialog;
- Creates and maintains accurate and up to date procedures and technical documentation;
- Communicates issues to team leads, regional, or global management;
- Support Fidessa trading system, experience with Fidessa USTP is a plus;
- Support FIX connection on-boarding, tests and maintenance.
- Knowledge of systems and network administration, telecommunications and various types of desktop and server hardware and software;
- Experience with troubleshooting Cisco switch/router and other network equipment is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent information technology knowledge with strong problem solving skills;
- Good people skills, teamwork, and relationship building skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin, both written and verbal;
- Expert on MS Office applications is required;
- Ability to work overtime if required.
- Bachelor's degree or above on Information Technology or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ experience on information technology support
- Certifications of MCSE is a plus
- CCNA/ CCNP is a plus
- Experience in investment bank is a plus
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as the comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.