Network Security Site Reliability Engineer
As a Network Security SRE, you will be part of a team that supports our network security infrastructure. You'll work closely with Security Architects, Software Developers & Network Engineers for the planning, implementation and reliability of our network infrastructure, including Load Balancers & Firewalls. Key aspects of this role also include using the latest automation & orchestration technologies to provide standardized processes, network visibility and troubleshooting tools to our operations teams. You will work with our partners to ensure that we are aligned with compliance guidelines, business strategy and standards. We'll Trust You To:
You'll Need To Have:
- Support network functionality including load balancers, firewalls, monitoring, and mitigation devices
- Use DevOps principles to script and automate workflows, testing for Network Security Operations
- Draft network diagrams, perform network planning, and implement changes Resolve critical issues
- Meet project schedule and deadlines
- Continuously refine processes and procedures with a focus on standardizing the work and shifting it to lower level support teams
- Take ownership and work independently on problems and handle escalations from Operations
We'd Love To See:
- Advance knowledge on Load Balancers platforms for application delivery and a deep understanding of network design (F5 or Radware, preferred)
- Experience building and maintaining Load Balancers & Firewalls and similar network functionality through automation software (Ansible)
- Strong desire to code and good understanding of software development standard methodologies, open source systems and familiarity with Git repositories
- Experience with NMS protocols, data structures and modeling (YAML, JSON, XML, Netconf/Yang, API, Jinga, SNMP, Syslog)
- Thorough troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills including packet capture analysis
- Flexibility and willingness to work off hours when the situation requires
- An ability to remain calm under pressure, to multitask, to be client focused, and to communicate effectively
Does this sound like you?
- Experience using Agile (e.g. Kanban or Scrum)
- Experience developing operational tools using Python, Java or similar programming languages
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana and packet trace analysis tools (e.g. wireshark)
- Knowledge & experiences on Firewall platforms (Checkpoint or Palo Alto, preferred)
- 3+ years of computer science experience or equivalent
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.