Network Security Operations Team Lead
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 15 Oct 18
Network Security Operations Team Lead
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join and lead a high energy team of Network Security administrators responsible for supporting Morgan Stanley's global security infrastructure. The diversity of IT Security products & technologies under management provides for a learning experience that will satisfy even the ones that are most eager to learn. The position is fast paced, dynamic, challenging where a varied combination of technical skills and soft skills allows for the development of a well-rounded individual/professional. This position is part of a global team (New York, Montreal, India and Hong Kong) with team lead/managerial responsibilities overseeing and building up the North American region reporting to the Global Operations Manager in New York.
- Level 3 operational support for Network Security Products & Services which primarily will be focused on major Firewall related projects (new deployments, hardware refresh/upgrades, and migrations) as well as (Intrusion Detection Systems, Network Access Control, and Vulnerability Scanning.)
- Deployment and Administration of network security systems (Juniper/Fortinet Firewalls, Cisco ISE, Lancope, Qualys Vulnerability scanning.)
- Security policy administration on various products that are under the teams support
- Systems, network and application troubleshooting
- Coordinating and leading the response to technology problems
- Customer service. Including off hour coverage via cell phone/pager (oncall system, ~every 8 weeks)
- Creation/supplementation of Operational Runbooks
- Aligning global strategies with regional needs and demands
- Training teammates
- Interacting with service members of the networking, e-business, UNIX, and PC groups in four major metropolitan regions across the globe.
- Advanced Knowledge on Firewall platforms (Juniper, Fortinet preferred) running routing protocols and next gen features sure as IPS and Application detection rules
- Experience managing Qualys Vulnerability scanning asset groups and scanning profiles
- Firewall deployment/configuration experience and troubleshooting application connectivity
- Strong understanding of general networking and design (Firewalls, Routing, Load Balancing, OSI Model, TCP/IP, Packet trace and analysis using Wireshark and TCPDUMP)
- Network Access Control techniques around 802.1x and MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB)
- Intermediate Linux Sysadmin experience.
- Scripting and development skills (Perl, Python, Shell)
- Interpersonal skills ? communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player
- Project Management skills and experience working on enterprise level projects
- Create, review, maintain operational documentation and provide training on new procedures to lower level support teams