- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 22 Feb 19
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. This is where futures are made. CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career by shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it - all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
Our vision of the Network Operations group, is to gather sharp engineers that are passionate about the field of networking and surround them with like-minded individuals, constantly striving to innovate the operation and architecture of our large global network. On a typical day, you can be presented with enterprise level security issues one minute, troubleshooting market data multicast routing the next minute, all while working on a wireless problem on one of our trading floors.
We are constantly looking for engineers that aren't afraid to contribute a fresh perspective, so if you love working in a dynamic high paced environment with no silos, we look forward to hearing from you.
Location; Either Chicago OR New York
- Juggle numerous project implementation and design initiatives, with a focus on automation, documentation and collaboration with other teams
- Provide subject matter expertise for various deployments and technologies (CISCO, Juniper, Palo Alto) within the Network Services team
- Participate in frequent vendor evaluations, with the ability to stand up and tear down hardware/virtual environments and scenarios in a rapid fashion
- Serve as an escalation point to the Network Operations team, to assist with troubleshooting complex issues, with an emphasis on being able to analyze packet captures at an expert level
- Stay on top of emerging technologies in the network field, either through training or research, in order have the flexibility to design and support a multi-vendor environment
- Constantly evaluate existing designs or processes, while not being afraid to propose and implement changes to them
- Participate in an on-call rotation (approximately every eight weeks)
- Ability to clearly analyze the problem at hand while interfacing with other departments to organize and control incident response
- Work on simultaneous change implementations and incidents, with a focus on documentation while being able to analyze gaps in procedures
- Frequently engage in complex issues with both internal and external customers, with an emphasis on being able to analyze packet captures
- Use and improve network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- React to an everchanging global network, through configuration management, documentation, whilst engaging with different departments and business units
- Coach and Mentor junior engineers on the team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Extensive in-depth knowledge and troubleshooting expertise of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, STP)
- 10+ years of industry experience within Network Engineering
- Experience designing and/or supporting large scale multicast networks, with a focus on financial market data feeds.
- Experience in network monitoring, packet capture tools or software defined networking
- Excellent understanding of security best practices in relation to all aspects of the network (Firewalls, Proxies, Penetration Scans, SSL, IPsec, Dot1x)
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting wireless networks (standards, security, radio placement, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge and theoretical understanding of software and hardware load balancers
- Familiarity and/or experience with scripting languages and automation tools, with a focus on operationalizing mundane tasks and speeding up deployments
- Big-picture understanding of the networking concepts behind virtual environments and various hybrid cloud initiatives
- Expert level certification (CCIE or JNCIE) is a big plus
- 3+ years in financial services and/or large scale unicast and multicast networks
- Demonstrable industry experience (financial services and/or large scale unicast and multicast networks is a big plus)