At Bloomberg we are committed to fighting the battle against climate change. That's why we're taking action, using our expertise in data - and decades of experience leading from the front - to tackle climate change from every angle. Climate change is changing the way market participants allocate capital, and the ability for businesses and investors to understand their climate related impacts, risks, and mitigation pathways is crucial.
As a team, we are responsible for the development of philanthropic climate data solutions for Bloomberg, and work across key climate initiatives including the GFANZ initiative. GFANZ is a coalition of leading financial institutions committed to accelerating the decarbonization of the global economy. Members currently include over 450 financial firms responsible for assets in excess of $130 trillion across 45 countries. GFANZ is focused on broadening, deepening, and raising net-zero ambitions across the financial system and demonstrating a firms' collective commitments to supporting companies and countries to achieve the goals set at COP26. The team is currently looking to expand its product development capacity to build out of new solutions. The Role:
In this role, you will act as a Product Analyst for the Net Zero Team. As part of the team you will have an enormous impact on supporting the global financial sector's work to stop climate change and ensuring that financing and capital allocation decisions occur in ways that enable the world to reach net zero by 2050 in line with the objectives of the Paris Agreement. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrate your experience in the financial industry and understanding of climate and transition focused data to develop strategies to support the development of net zero data solutions.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver a cohesive user experience, beginning from prebuild user feedback sessions, to effectively training users on use and communicating product enhancements to identifying market uptake opportunities. Work with the product lead, project manager, and technical teams to develop plans for our solutions, including technical and design requirements development and delivery.
- Manage the support of new and existing users from product perspective, including ensuring data model and workflow are set up to client's expectations and understanding and providing feedback on client needs and market trends.
- Provide user training and act as point of escalation for product capabilities and potential issues, and, when necessary, coordinating internally to get them addressed.
We'd love to see:
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in a product related role.
- A strong understanding of capital markets, preferably in a broad range of asset classes, and the intersection of climate data with user workflows.
- The capability of fostering relationships with new and existing clients as well building an internal network that fosters collaboration and build on a strong culture of teamwork.
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small.
- A collaborative mind set and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure.
- The flexibility to work in a high paced, demanding & dynamic work environment.
Does this sound like you?
- Master's degree in, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Economics, Public Policy, Engineering, Mathematics, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation.
- Eagerness to work in a challenging, complex, and fast paced environment with high degree of self-motivation and willingness to learn intricate business and technology processes and actively contribute to their evolution.
- Detail oriented, collaborative and consensus builder with excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively interact and communicate with clients at all levels.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.