.Net Developer Consultant
Deloitte Tax Transformation - Consultant .Net Developer The Team
Deloitte Tax LLP's Tax Transformation Office (TTO) is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of innovative, enterprise technology, tools, and standard processes to support the delivery of tax services. The TTO team focuses on enhancing Deloitte Tax LLP's ability to deliver comprehensive, value-added, and efficient tax services to our clients. It is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds from tax technical, technology development, change management, Six Sigma, and project management. The team consults and executes on a wide range of initiatives involving process and tool development and implementation including training development, engagement management, tool design, and implementation. Work you'll do
We are looking for a hands-on developer with expert level knowledge designing & developing modern web applications using .Net Framework technologies. As a developer you will be responsible for design, development, debugging, testing, deploying and supporting custom applications and modules that meet business requirements. Candidate will demonstrate a good understanding and working knowledge of the client's business and tax systems, and for meeting client deadlines. Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Engineering, Information Systems or Computer Science required.
• Currently live in or willing to relocate to Chicago or NYC
• At least 3 years' experience in development of applications and/or systems using .NET and SQL.
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Experience designing, programming & debugging enterprise class web application using the following technologies and tools:
o .NET Framework 4.5, 4.6
o SQL Server
o Web API or REST Preferred Experience:
• Experience with the following technologies and tools:
o NO SQL db preferably MongoDB
o .Net Core
o Telerik/Kendo Controls
• Writing and understanding complex MS SQL queries and MS SQL Stored procedures
• Working with the tax team to provide application support
• Strong backend skills
• Working with infrastructure team to administer web applications, services and database.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Good understanding of design patterns and best practices of developing enterprise web applications
• Ability to gather and analyze requirements, produce technical designs, create the application, conduct software testing, implement the software solution and support production issues.
• Development of application architecture, database design and/or computing platforms is a plus.
• Ability to perform data intensive tasks and be skilled to organize the data for reporting requirements.
• Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work in a complex deadline oriented environment.
• Ability to multi-task with little supervision.
• Proficient in using analytical tools and instruments for instance MS Excel, Microsoft Access.
• Tax or Accounting domain experience is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills at the business and technical level. How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20CHITDEVSM024-TTO