The Role: S
oftware Developer II The Location
: New York Grade (internal purpose only):
09 The Team:
Our team is responsible for the design, architecture, and development of our client facing applications using a variety of tools that are regularly updated as new technologies emerge. You will have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and will be able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. The Impact:
The work you do will be used every single day, it's the essential code you'll write that provides the data and analytics required for crucial, daily decisions in the capital and commodities markets.
What's in it for you:
• Build a career with a global company
• Work on applications that fuel the global financial markets of the future
• Grow and improve your skills by working alongside highly-motivated individuals on enterprise level product and cutting-edge technologies
• Be at the forefront of innovation in FinTech industry
• Work on high-impact application that large number of customers count on for getting their job done on daily basis
• Competitive employee benefits
• Open and dynamic work culture Responsibilities:
• Develop solutions to develop/support key business needs
• Solve problems, analyze and isolate issues
• Engineer components and common services based on standard development models, languages and tools
• Produce system design documents
• Produce high quality code
• Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
• As a team-member should continuously improve the architecture What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
• 1 to 3 years of experience in application development using Microsoft technologies.
• Good communication and collaboration skills
• Knowledge of object-oriented design, .NET framework and design patterns.
• Understanding of essential technologies: C#, ADO.NET, WPF, WCF services, LINQ and SQL.
• Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development. Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with Microsoft Office Solutions (Office Add-ins/ VSTO) Development About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
254174 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States