NetDevOps Senior Engineer
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services. NetDevOps Senior Engineer
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation. Work you'll do
You will be responsible for network design, planning, installation, and support for Enterprise Data Center networks. Translates business objectives into cohesive network recommendations and solutions. Runs the planning and designing of new networks, establishes technical standards, and ensures appropriate interface capabilities with other networks and systems. Evaluates and implements new products available through outside vendors.
- Contribute to results by motivating team(s) while constantly driving towards key achievements.
- Maintains constant awareness of work; keeps team focused on short and long term achievements
- Drive standardization to ensure one implementation and one experience.
- Partner with vendors and understands critical information about future technologies.
- Lead the production and maintenance of processes, procedures, operational and architectural documentation.
- Accountable for execution according to established standards, procedures, and processes.
- Own multi-functional support for development and implementation of systems.
- Ensure optimization and performance of the hardware, software and virtual infrastructure.
- Recommend upgrades, patches to current infrastructure, as well as capacity planning for future customer needs.
- Be the third level support to the Operations Groups and monitors the Service Desk system. Perform troubleshooting, fault isolation, and recovery of failed network components.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
Technology & Infrastructure
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services to meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity. Qualifications
- Strong expertise in Cisco Certified Inter-network routing and switching
- Senior engineering skills in any three areas below:
- Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN)St
- Automation, Programming/Scripting languages (Python, Ansible, etc.) & Orchestration
- Cisco ISE, network access control and segmentation
- Cisco Software Define Access (SDA)
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
How You'll Grow
- Strong knowledge with multi-site network protocols and physical topology, systems monitoring, including packet level analysis
- Advanced understanding of cyber security, cloud, compute and storage technologies.
- Experience with products such as InfoBlox, NetBrain, Solarwinds, Riverbed Steelhead, Splunk and StealthWatch is helpful.
- Consistent track record and experience of the following in a highly complex and global organization:
- Building repeatable, reliable, scalable network architectures, with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection
- Setting up, configuring, upgrading, managing, and fixing Cisco routers and switches,
- Demonstrating expertise of IT governance concepts
- Leading support cases with external technology vendors
- Sensitivity and cultural awareness are important as the role will interact with resources globally.
- Experience in recognizing and handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to travel occasionally with advance notice, no more than 10-15%
- CCNP or CCIE certification is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience: degree in computer science, other technical degree
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the technology domain
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you are applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSMGRLJ037-ITL5