National Risk Assurance Analyst Relations Director
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives. PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess. The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The US Analyst Relations Program identifies, develops, and manages relationships with key business and industry analysts to gain insight into market trends, challenges, and future business and client opportunities, and more importantly, to help positively influence the analyst community's perception of the depth and breadth of PwC's Assurance/Risk Assurance consulting capabilities.
This function has deep knowledge of the firm's and Assurance/Risk Assurance's strategy and objectives and the ability to accurately convey our strengths and capabilities, and our positioning, to the analyst community.
The Analyst Relations team stays on top of current market trends, what the analysts are writing and blogging about, and stays connected to PwC's public relations and marketing teams to be on top of new and emerging capabilities and/or activities at PwC that will impact the market.
This team must be able to maintain confidentiality and be privy to information such as potential PwC acquisitions, catalyst hires, changes in firm headcount; essentially anything that could impact the perception of PwC in the market and that would need to be conveyed to the analyst community.
This team impacts external market perception of the U.S. and global firm, with particular emphasis on our U.S. and global Assurance/Risk Assurance business. This function will have a direct impact on business development and sales, as the analyst community provides recommendations to their clients on which vendors and professional services firms to consider for specific projects. The U.S. Analyst Relations team must link to our marketing and sales teams to provide them with information about how the analysts are positioning PwC and consult with our account teams to advise
them on how to best leverage analyst reports and positive quotes about our capabilities.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 7
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Degree Preferred: MBA
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Creativity and thinking outside the box;
- Strategic thinking;
- Analyst relations strategies, building blocks, techniques and approaches; and,
- Executive audience communication (both written and verbal) especially to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors).
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Manages the development, implementation, and coordination of analyst relations strategies, with the goal of establishing, cultivating and maintaining favorable relationships with industry analysts that drive brand, client referrals and revenue;
- Performs various analyst relations related assignments in order to execute on the analyst relations strategy;
- Serves as liaison with external research and analyst firms â€“ working proactively with firm account management;
- Works to establish and maintain positive organizational representation and social responsibility;
- Consults strategically and proactively with internal clients in order to drive and manage analyst requests and interactions;
- Oversees the primary activities of internal contributors to establish completion of tasks and attainment of goals;
- Manages and negotiates the most favorable research contracts;
- Works proactively with marketing teams to leverage thought leadership, blogs and campaigns that could enhance the program and education of the analysts;
- Works proactively with Advisory AR team to establish consistency and transparency across teams and analyst firms;
- Solves problems and is proficient with time management; manages multiple deadlines;
- Operates independently, adheres to deadlines and shifts focus quickly;
- Proven ability to work with few resources;
- Performs administrative tasks as well as strategic vision planning;
- Contributes to, manages and executes on the overall analyst relations strategy;
- Builds, nurtures and maintains favorable relationships with industry analysts; manages analyst engagement, including inquiries, research requests, events and briefing requests;
- Proactively seeks out opportunities for strategic analyst interactions and engagement that support and promote the firmâ€™s objectives; and,
- Plans, organizes and manages analyst relations engagements within Risk Assurance and Cybersecurity and Privacy at industry and firm conferences and events and is in sync with global and US marketing teams.